We’re one and a half month after the release of ModernBB 2.1, and we already have a new major update ready for you! I’m proud to announce the availability of ModernBB 2.2. With ModernBB 2.2, ModernBB is one of the first (if not the first) forum software to release with a design that is responsive by default! As always, you can find the latest version of ModernBB at our download page!
- Responsive design: it’s finaly here! It was supposed to be part of ModernBB 2.0, but didn’t make the cut. Anyway, the new responsive design let ModernBB shine on every device you might get in touch with. Randomness, Radicalness and Awesomeness support this feature.
- New profiles: This was a major issue with ModernBB (and FluxBB): the profiles were a mess. In ModernBB 2.2, this has been resolved, improving the way profiles work. Less pages with settings, a cleaner “View profile”, better tools for administration, and more.
- Updated designs: All 3 default styles have had a small update. They are now lighter, do not require any image anymore, allowing your forum to load faster. The new designs are smoother and fit every need.
- Improved elements: We’ve also Improved the way the pagination is displayed, making it easier to use and better fit with every style. We did this with the permission labels too, and the topic-type labels.
- Backstage updates: Backstage also uses a slightly altered design and the code behind it has been Improved too. Making better use of Bootstrap 3. We even did already some stuff for ModernBB 3.0! While it’s just some visual change here, you might like it.
- Clickable labels: Radiobuttons and checkboxes are small and hard to click, especialy when your on a touchscreen device, that’s why labels are now clickable. Making it easier for users with mouse, and touch.
- And many, many more…
Of course, we recommend you to update to the latest version of ModernBB. It’s important to make a backup before you update your forums to ModernBB 2.2. The system requirements of ModernBB 2.2 are the same as those for ModernBB 2.0 and 2.1. Enjoy!
ModernBB 2.0, 2.1 and 3.0
With ModernBB 2.2 released, and following our release scheme, support for ModernBB 2.1 will end together with that of ModernBB 2.0 after 10 December 2013. From then, we will only support ModernBB 1.6 LTS and ModernBB 2.2. However, that day, we will release the final update for both branches, version 2.0.2 and 2.1.2 respectivly. Meanwhile, we will start developing ModernBB 3.0.