We’ve spend a couple more days on developing Luna once again, and here it is: the third and final Luna 1.0 Beta. You can find it on the usual places. Let’s talk about what is new in this release:
Mainly bugfixes. That’s the only thing we fixed in this release. We’ve also decided to strip Random from the Core package. We won’t get it finished by the time we’re done. In stead, it will be part of Luna 1.1 and released for Luna 1.0 as soon as we finished it. We’ve also decided to include an update to the other themes’ their screenshots, so these have been updated too. Further, well, we’ve fixed all bugs that where known to us up until now. We’re kinda proud.
We’ve also included another update to our website. The documentation has been extended once again. But there is more, on ModernBB.be, you’ll now see a message that tells you to got “Check out the new generation”, which links to GetLuna.org. GetLuna.org on the other hand, has received a redesigned front page and now also includes a “donation”-indicator. This will show you guys how far we are from our donation target (that is, our current donation target). Right now, we’re on 12,5%, not bad. Donations happen through donation – obviously – and advertisements.
Advertisements? What advertisements. Yeah, I get why you might get confused: there are no ads on GetLuna.org. However, this donation target isn’t only for GetLuna.org, but for the whole Luna Group. This includes GetLuna, but also ModernBB, Studio 384 and ChangeWindows. The later 2 use ads to gain money, and all donations and ads revenu are combined to pay for our combined hosting, which is 30% of our donation goal, the other 70% goes to developing Luna. 🙂 These ads give us revenu for every time they are seen, or better, clicked upon. Either way, it was time for this project to become a little bit more serious now that we’re running for almost 2 years, and we need money for that, so here we are.
Now, up to the RC stage and the early development stage for Bittersweet Shimmer.