ModernBB 2.0.0 “Zoe” now available
Finaly, we are proud to announce the availability of ModernBB 2.0.0! With version 2.0.0, we’ve finished 6 months of work on ModernBB, 63% of the ModernBB 1.6 core is modified, resulting in ModernBB 2.0! As always, you can download this version on our download page. Anyway, let’s introduce ModernBB 2 to you.
- Backstage: we’ve redesigned the back end of ModernBB, the old Dashboard, in something we call “Backstage”, from here, you can manage your forum in a clean way, having everything only one click away, thanks the the always-on-top and hover menu.
- Stay up-to-date, the easy way: While you had to check on updates for yourself in ModernBB 1.6, ModernBB 2.0 will check on his own! We understand how important it is to stay up-to-date, and well, here you go, an easier way to do so.
- Redesigned front-end: Not only the Backstage, but the front-end, too, has been redesigned. With it’s new structure, it’s less complicated to create awesome styles. Just like the Backstage, the front-end is based on Bootstrap 3.0.
- Simple login: The login form contained a menu, footer and so on. But when you are loging in, you only want the important things: the login form, a password request link, a registration link, and that’s it. With ModernBB 2.0, that’s what you get, a clean login.
- Manage your database: It’s important for you to create back-ups of your database, not only when updating. So why is something so important, so hard to do? Not anymore, ModernBB 2.0 contains a build in back-up system. One click on a button, and go. The backup system is also able to backup custom tables.
- StopForumSpam: StopForumSpam is integrated in ModernBB 2.0, the only thing you have to do is request an API key and then you can say goodby the known forum spammers.
- New parser features: ModernBB 2.0’s parser contains lot’s of new features, it support video embedding from DailyMotion, Vimeo and YouTube, we support super- and subscript, acronyms, inline quotes, etc.
- Toolbar: When you want to post something, BBCodes are a great way to give your posts some style, however, it’s hard learn them all, so we added a new toolbar you can customize on your own.
- And many more!
With ModernBB 2.0 finished, we will move on with the development of the upcoming hotfix release ModernBB 1.6.3, and the normal releases ModernBB 1.6.4, ModernBB 2.0.1 and the next big milestone, ModernBB 2.1-beta. When you’re updating, please create a backup. Enjoy this brand new ModernBB! If you want to stay in the ModernBB 1.6 branch, we highly recommend you to use ModernBB 1.6.1, since version 1.6.2 contains some serious bugs.
With ModernBB 2.0, we also launch, once again, a big update for our website. Most of the improvements are done in the core, but we are also proud to announce that the documentation is finaly available for ModernBB 2.0.