ModernBB 2.1.0 “Zoe” now available
Just less then a month after the release of ModernBB 2.0, we are proud to announce the availability of ModernBB 2.1.0! ModernBB 2.1 is a small update upon ModernBB 2.0, however, it’s important to stay up-to-date, especialy since this release fixes lots of bugs. As always, you can download this version on our download page. Anyway, let’s introduce ModernBB 2.1 to you.
- Redesigned default styles: even before we released ModernBB 2.0, we knew that the default styles, Randomness, Kindness, Awesomeness and Radicalness where a little bit ugly. That’s why all of them have been redesigned. Awesomeness, Randomness and Radicalness are available inside the package. We will soon launch a style pack including Kindness and more additional styles.
- Backstage enhancements: We updated the Backstage with multiple enhancements. We’ve placed more buttons so you don’t have to scroll all the way down to save your settings. We replaced lots of Yes/No questions with simple checkboxes. And we did some cleanup work. And more.
- Place your title in the navbar: We’ve added an option under “Apperance” to allow you to show your forums title in the navbar. We also added an option to disable it to show up in the header, if you like.
- Disable update check on index: We’ve added a checkbox to disable the update checker on the Backstage index, since not everyone likes it to be reminded of an update. This doesn’t change anything about the fact that it’s important to stay up-to-date.
- Language pack improvements: ModernBB 2.1 contains a huge update on language packs, they now contain only 1 singe file. For translators, you only have to add all your language files behind each other. However, we also added new strings, it’s important to translate those too!
- Developer updates: ModernBB 2.1s front-end only makes use of tables in topics and the userlist anymore! This allows style developers to customize their styles even better. Anyway, not that ModernBB 2.0 styles are likely to not work anymore in ModernBB 2.1.
- Performance improvements: We’ve done some serious code cleanup to improve the performance of ModernBB.
- And 22 other bugfixes.
It’s important to make a backup before you update your forums to ModernBB 2.1. The system requirements of ModernBB 2.1 are the same as those for ModernBB 2.0. Enjoy!