Top 10 restaurants in Koregaon Park Pune
I am a big foodie, which is why I love exploring different restaurants, eating joints, ice cream parlor etc. to satisfy my ever growing appetite. Since I stay in Koregaon park in Pune I have tried almost every restaurant this area has to offer. While some of them have been pathetic, some demanded a second visit. Koregaon Park is one place in Pune where you would find hundreds of restaurants. From Indian to Chinese, from Italian to continental – every cuisine, every dish is waiting to be tried by you. After having all kind of experiences I have shortlisted the “top 10 restaurant in koregaon park” that I love to visit and that should definitely be tried by foodies like me.
My top 10 restaurants in Koregaon Park, Pune( views are solely based on my opinion):
1) Prems – Prems is at North Main road in Koregaon Park. What I hear is that this was one of the first restaurants to start at a time when there wasn’t much in Koregaon Park. Now it stands tall and serves as a landmark. The food is good and the ambiance average. It is more like an open air restaurant. Nice crowd, good food and decent service makes it a restaurant to be tried.
2) Arthurs theme – On of the best restaurant in Koregaon park to have European food. The ambiance is not that great. It looks like a duplex flat converted into a restaurant. However if you want to try something unique you should head to this place. Lot of options in their menu. I have visited it a couple of times and the only thing I didn’t like was one dish which was prepared in green gravy. Other than that everything has been good. It is in lane 6, very close to pizza hut.
3) The great punjab – I am fan of Punjabi food and great Punjab gives me just that – awesome finger licking butter chicken with garlic naan. Even the Veg is great here. The ambiance is ok, nothing spectacular. To reach great punjab you would first need to go to lane 5 and then take 2nd left.
4) Rajput dairy – The only veg restaurant in our list. Rajput dairy is my most visited place in Koregaon Park(I stay just next to it!). They have some awesome veg dishes. If you get a chance, you must try chole masala and aloo paratha. And they have the best tea I have had in Pune. Although ambiance is pathetic( it is more like dhaba) you can always parcel the food and have it in the comfort of your home. I just wish they gave more quantity and home delivery service.
5) Malaka spice – One of my favorite restaurant in this area. They have the most romantic ambiance in our list of restaurants and great food good as well. I specially liked their menu which is creatively done. You would also see a cartoon sketch of the waiter who would be serving your table. When me and my friend visited this place their was this guy who makes sketches. He charged 500 bucks but what he gave me was truly worth treasuring. A cartoon sketch of me and my friend! Loved it!. Malaka spice is located in lane 5.
6) Koyla – The hyderabadi restaurant. You would have already guessed the dish to be tried here. Chicken biryani!! Served in a clay pot the biryani here is worth trying. We also had some chicken starters which were ok. But the maincourse was definitely better. Very gaudy ambiance which makes it look like a palace. A must visit for people who haven’t had hyderabadi cuisine. Koyla is on north main road, just where lane 7 starts.
7) Yellow chillies – If chicken biryani at Koyla is good, yellow chillies noor mehal chicken biryani is my absolute favorite. Owned by India’s star chef – Sanjeev Kapoor, yellow chillies serves the tastiest food in this area. They also have buffet which is close to 600 I guess. What is not to be tried here – Lal bhuna burg( or something like that). Yellow chillies is in lane 7.
8) Post 91 – Also located at lane 7 is another restaurant for fine dining. Post 91 has good food and a lot of variety to choose from. Their buffet is worth trying due to its large variety in desserts. Although not a perfect spot for a date, it can be ideal for group hangouts or team outings.
9) Adda at hotel O – Perfect restaurant to go for a romantic date. Full marks on ambiance and nearly full on food. The best part is that your table and chair would be kept in shallow water so you can have your feet submersed in water. Since it is at the top floor, you can have a clear view of nearby areas. A bit on the expensive side(they charge 1000 for a person), but you gotta visit it at least once. Hotel O is at north main road, next to german bakery.
10) Indijoe – The famous Italian food chain is at Jewel Square Mall, next to Taj Vivanta. If you like italian food it can be ideal place to have a dinner filled with exquisite dishes! Scores high on food and average on ambiance. It is also somewhat crowded so if you are looking for a romantic time this might not be the best place to go. But with friends and family this place could be your favorite!
I am sure you must have visited most of the above restaurants, if there is one that you haven’t, you must go now. And do tell us which are you favorite restaurants in Koregaon park so that I might give it a shot as well.
You might also like: